Question

Prolonged sore throat
I''ve been struggling with a sore throat for over 2 weeks now, at first I thought it was a symptom of flu so I took some flu medicine and the condition improved however it was merely temporarily. Then I decided to let the flu come on and see whether that would help and now I have the flu but my sore throat does not want to go away. Could this be a symptom of something more serious?
Cyberdoc

Hallo Schalk
A chronic sore throat can be caused by a post nasal drip due to allergies or even acid reflux. It may also be a sign of a suppressed immunity. Please let your doctor have a look as you may need a prescription for acid blockers or may have to have some blood tests.