Question

PROVERA
I went off the Pill at the end of January 2003. as my oestrogen levels were low. I hadn't had a period since then so my gynae put me on Provera on Thursday (six weeks since my last period) - he said three tablets would start a period. How long should it take for a period to start after taking the tablets? Will the fact that I am not menstruating regularly cause problems when I try to fall pregnant? I have been on the pill for over 10 years; most recently Diane-35 for about three years.

Your period should start a day or two after stopping the provera. If you are not having periods, it means that you are probably not ovulating, and therefore will not be able to fall pregnant till you start. It is not uncommon not to ovulate for two or thre months after stopping the Pill.