Question

Pshyciatrist or Pshycologist
Dear Doc

If I get Panic attacks and just feel miserable
Do you think it's best to go to a psychatrist or pshyclologist?

I wanted to make an appointment with a pshyciatrist, but then I heard that they will not cure this since they will only give you medicine and after that the panic attack will return??

Dear girl,
You were misinformed. Medicines can cure panic attacks, and depressions ; and though some psychiatrists might be too ready to only prescribe medicines, the best ones combine the use of an effective medicine with proper psychological therapy, either povided by themselves, or by working with a psychologist in combination.
Either a pychologist or a psychiatrist can help wih these problems ; and a sensible and skilled psychologist, sould be able to recongize when adding a medicine would help, and arrang for you to receive such medicine through a psychiatrist or through your GP.