Question

Psychiatrist just not available
I''ve been on anti depressants and anti anxiety meds for about 3 years, under the supervision of a psychiatrist. I go and see him every 6 months to talk and get a new script. I have been advised to wean myself of the medication after about 9 months (this was about 18 months ago), but the depression and anxiety just returned with a vengange. So I had to go back on the meds.

Anyway, I''m going through a very rough patch at the moment - marital problems.... And I''m really not in a good space at the moment. My medication is finished. And my doctor cant'' fit me in for another week, and his office refuse to give me a 7 day prescription in the meantime..

What do I do in the meantime, I''m actually feeling suicidal. I''m sure I can control it. But I really need help, and my doc just isn''t there for me

Sometimes Depression / Anxiety ( especially if not also treated with effective psychotherapy ) does recur, and some of us need to remain on medication long-term, usually with suitably selected antidepressants ( which can also help anxiety ) as anti-anxiety drugs can cause dependency ( and worse anxiety unless on comes off them carefully and gradually ) and they also often don't help depression.
But no medication, of course, helps marital problems, or similar problems in life itself, and there counselling is the only way to go.
I don't understand why your doctor didn't and doesn't provide you with enough medication to help you remain on the treatment he recommended and prescribed, for the extra week until he can see you again. Doctors can get busy and may not always be available, but need to be flexible about making suitable arrangements in such situations.
I wonder, though. if you are especially troubled by marital problems, whether it wouldn't be better for you so see a personal counsellor, such as someone through FAMSA, to help you deal specifically with the problems themselves ?