Question

Psychological assessment from correspondence
I was involved in an emotional abusive relationship for 10 years. I got divorced 6 months ago, and my ex is harrassing me with phone calls, sms's and emails, as well as discussing me widely with his acqauintances. I do not know how to get control of the situation, and was wondering if someone would be able to assess his general psychological well-being by the 100's of emails I have received. I am hoping that I will be able to get some peace of mind, whereas I currently feel that perhaps I must have a split personality from his constant barrage of insults!

Dear Angela, I'm not clear how useful it would be to have anyone atempt to assess his "general psychological well-being" from his correspondence. You are divorced, and his well-being, so long as he meets his obligations to you and does not harass you, is his afair. But if, as you say, he is harrassing you and causing you distress, you need to consult a lawyer ( and/or speak to someone at the Family Advocate's office ) to obtain a Court Order which would forbid him to contact you in any way, or otherwise to cause you distress, and may even or bid him to come within a set distance from you. Any necessary and non-hurtful contact can be made through your lawyer.
If there is a realistic fear on your part that he might be violent towards you, then it may be useful for the lawyers and Court to examine his previous communications with you, especially if they contain threats.