Ask an expert

26 Feb 2009

Puffy Eyes @ 18
Hi Doctor,

I always have puffy eyes due to an allergy to Dust Mites, is there any way I can go for surgery to remove the puffyness? Or what else can I do?

I am already using Allergy pills, but this is not getting rid of the puffyness...
Answer 355 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear L
First ask your doctor if you can use anti allergy eye drops or a long acting anti allergy tablet. You are a bit young for surgery if you are only 18! Cold teabags on your eyes, eye gel containing aloe and vit E, vit C supplements may help. Some medical conditions can cause puffy eyes ( heart problems and kidney problems) so let your doctor just check you for these.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18606 votes