Ask an expert

05 Aug 2007

Puffy face
Dear Dr Breedt

I've recently developed a puffy face. It's not very noticeable to others but I know my face has definitely lost its angularity and its shape. My right eye has also changed shape slightly. It seems like there is fluid under my cheeks and my face has put on weight. I've exercise nearly every day and eat healthily most of the time. I haven't changed my diet so I've ruled out an allergy but I hear one can develop allergies later in life. I am 31 years old.

Thanks very much.

Kind regards

Answer 273 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Puffy
No this does not sound like an allergy to me - I think you must ask your doctor to check for thyroid problems or adrenal gland problems - they can check with blood tests.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.