Question

PURBAC double strength
Hi Doc, I just got prescribed an antibiotic called purbac d.s for my sinus infection. My doc told me to take ONE tablet everyday for anywhere between 7 to 10 days. Could you please clarify for me exactly how long is the suggested length to take this (eg 7 days/ 8 days/ 10days) or does it not really matter after 7 days?

Also is this particular antibiotic a good one or are there better options for treating the average sinus infection?
Cyberdoc

Hallo Chris
This is used for sinusitis and the treatment for sinusitis is at least for 7 days, if you still have symptoms (yellow phlegm, pain over sinuses, fever)you can continue for 3 days longer. There are various options for treating sinusitis and it depends on whether you are allergic to certain antibiotics, cost implications etc which antibiotic would be most suitable