Question

Query

Last night I noticed that my mouth had this weird bitter taste but it's only when I eat something that I get this taste. So I thought that maybe it was something that I ate last night and would be fine today. But today it's seems worse. As soon as I had my morning coffee I could taste this bitter taste in my mouth.

what can it be?

Dear Dora

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you have a Mouth/Tongue disorder, calledGlossitis. This can be caused due to nutritional deficientcies, irritants, drug reactions, anemia, amyloid, sarcoid, candida or systemic infections. Glossitis may cause pain, burning, diminished taste or distorted taste.

I therefore, suggest that you consult a GP, as filiform depapillation, erythma, erosive changes and loss of papillae will be found on examination.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger