Question

Question about injection
Good Day Doctor

I would like to ask how long does it takes for the Deppo 3 months injection to work out of your system in order to fall preagnant?

I have only used this injection once, and do not want to go back for another one, because we have decided the time is right for a baby, although first it was decided that I must go on Deppo.

Please Doc, how long will I have to wait before I can fell preagnant?

Thank you

Amanda
fertility expert

Dear Amanda

The return to fertility after injectable conception is very unpredictable. Most injections work out of the body after 6 months. In extreme cases the effects may persist for up to two years. However, a rough indication would be given by the return to normal menstrual cycles. Should menstrual cycles become regular it is more than likely that ovulatory patterns have established themselves and would therefore not pose a problem to conception, all other factors being equal. Should you wish to speed up conception, the use of ovulation induction agents such as Clomiphene citrate( Clomid, fertimed, serifene ecetera) may be used. Please note this should be used under doctor supervision.