Ask an expert

22 Mar 2007

Question on Sperm
Hi Doc,
My husband had his sperm tested in November and the results were:
Count: 21 million, morph: 3%, motility: 10%

We started him on a number of supplements eg Vit C, Vit E, antioxidants, omegas, Fertiboost.

Today we did a post coital test and we could see that his sperm looked bad still, deformed and swimming around in circles. We havent done another formal analysis again but I am wondering if there might be another problem like a Varicocele? Do you think we should see a urologist? He has tried very hard to change his diet, exercise, stop smoking and drinking but nothing seems to have helped.
Answer 361 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Dee

It is advisable that your husband see a urologist or a fertility specialist, should you wish to conceive.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18776 votes