Question

Questions for CS
Hi CS, nice to have you back.
I would like to know how you see your relationship with the people who post on this forum. Do you feel at all responsible for them? How does this relationship differ from a more traditional face to face therapy relationship? Obviously people come and go here, and often disappear after one post. But you have obviously come to know some of the regulars and there are people who value your opinion highly, in fact I think they might be a bit dependent on you.

A complex question, Maria. IN any form of relationship with any therapeutic undertones, people may allow themselves to feel dependent on the other person, and some mild degree of dependency may not be a bad thing, if it is part of a process in which the individual gains confidence in themselves and has less need to be dependent on others.
Through this forum, we can provide some advice, and by creating and maintaining a broadly supportive community, we may help people find some useful support at times of need ( and maybe some abrasion when that, too, is needed, though rarely welcomed ). But it needs to be clear to all of us that this is not a regular therapeutic or docor/patient relationship, and thus I cannot be "responsible" for the choices other people make. I cARE about what happens to the people we encounter here ( as I expect most of us do ) --- but that's not the same as taking formal responsibility for the choices they care to make. The relationships established here are surely complex, and worth exploring when the opportunity arises, though this is something which has not, so far as I have seen, been formally explored