Question

Quit smoking tips?
Being pregnant I realise how important it is to stop smoking, but I've been battling even before I fell pregnant (used Zyban for 3 weeks, without major results, but had to stop taking it because of pregnancy).

This time I have to do it "cold turkey", without the help of nicotine patches or other aids, and need tips on making it easier? Please remember - no funny stuff, since I'm preggies! Also note - I am what can be concidered a heavy smoker (up to 30 a day).

Thank you,
Jualé

This is a good time to stop smoking, not only because ANY time is a good time to stop smoking but because, as Shaun says, it can actually be easier to stop during pregnancy -- and once you have done so, be sure not to start again as passive smoking by a baby is bad for it, too. ( and the money you'll save will be worth while to have handy with a new baby ). up to 30 a day IS heavy smoking for you, and even heavier for an infant.