Question

&quot SAC, BUT NO EMBRYO PRESENT YET&quot 
Hi, I am 6weeks and 3 days pregnant. I went for a scan today and there was a sac, but I couldn''t see the embryo. This doc doesn''t have a very fancy scan that can see inside the sac. I have an appointment at a Fertility specialist on the 30th. I just wanted to ease my mind. I am 41 years old and had one ectopic and 2 miscarriages over a period of 6 years. Is this normal or could this be a " Blighted Ovum" ,

It could be a blighted ovum, but obviously your doctor was unable to be sure on his scan, hence the referral. You will have to wait for the expert opinion.