Question

Radiation treatment
I believe it is quite rare for some people to react so badly to radiation treatment. My friend had a brain tumor and after her radiation which ended 3 months ago she still cannot eat ANY food at all, she says it tastes fowl. Bananas are like acetone etc. So they had to give her a tube in the tummy and every two hours she feeds herself with a high nututional liquid. Will her taste ability EVER return ???

Dear Milly
It probably will. This is a side effect of radiation and can take up to 4 months to get better. Let her try 50 - 100mg elemental Zinc per day to speed things up?