Question

Radiology treatment specific diet
My son is starting a six week Mon-Fri radiology treatment on the12th July , is there anything I can do to make it easier for him diet wise.
I need to know if there are any foods that he must aviod or anything he must have lots of.

Dear Rina
I am sorry to hear that your dear son requires radiology treatment. The dietary requirements of radiology patients can vary a great deal depending on why they are receiving the radiology, the intensity, duration and number of treatments, medications he may have to take simultaneously and the underlying disease. I would, therefore, recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), who will help you with any special dietary requirements your son may have. For example, some patients lose their appetite or suffer from vomiting and/or diarrhoea, which would require a different approach to the treatment of a patient who has few gastro-intestinal side-effects.
I hope the treatment helps your son to recover fully.