Question

rape
Heyaz

a few years ago i was raped an didn't exatly telll anyone and now the guy who raped me has moved in down the road from me... i hav no idea how to handle this...

please help

thanx

Dear nh,
Sorry to hear about this, as it must be very distressing for you. Sadly, if you had reported the rape at the time, it might be much easier for you to take steps now that he has moved nearer to you. If he has not tried to contact you in recent years, he may have no further interest in contacting you. If he does indeed approach you and gives any indication of threatening you, you could approach the police ( it'd be worth discussing this with a lawyer ) to approach the court for an injunction against him, to forbid him from approaching you, harassing you or contacting you, or from coming within x metres of you, and he could be sent to jail if he disobeys such a court order.
Otherwise, if you didn't really tell anyone at the time, this suggests that you may hav had some difficulty in coming to terms with the horrible experience and in getting over it --- it could be well worthwhile to see a counselor even now, to work through the issues that arise from it, so you can fel more self-confident and able to avoid such events in the future.