Question

Rapid Cycling
Hi Guys
I just need some clarity on the term rapid cycling. Over the past few months I have felt like a real yo-yo. It has not been extreme - just a low feeling at least once a week.

When I have this low, however, I tend to snap at my husband or get irratable and sometimes say nasty things. It obviously leads into that cycle of him getting upset, and then me feeling guilty for getting him upset, adn then remorse and self recrimination and blah blah.

I am sick and tired of it. I have really been trying hard to get the bounce in my step and to breed confidence into myself. Started gym - do the grateful journal thing, read motivational books - but it still flippin happens!

If this is rapid cycling - how does one get out of it?????????

Hi is right that this sounds more cyclothymic than Bipolar, and Hi and Delene are right that you need to work on this with a good local shrink to re-assess the situation and the most useful diagnosis, and consider treatment options including counselling and possibly some medications