Ask an expert

28 Nov 2005

Rash on penis
Hi Doc!

Every year during summer, I get an outbreak on my inner legs similar to the rash u would get from walking far, but this one itches..

In addition, I get itchy along the bottom of my scrotum and around my rectal area.

This year, for the first time, I got a widespread reddish rash on the tip of my penis, sometimes more, and sometimes less visible.

It goes without saying that it also itches/burns slightly. For the first time, I have also discovered a slight white discharge underneath my foreskin.

Please help!
Answer 338 views

01 Jan 0001

Jock, it sounds like a superficial fungal infection. You can buy an antifungal cream like Normospor® from the pharmacy and apply it 2-3 times a day until 2-3 days after it has disappeared. If it doesn’t work the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18678 votes