Question

Re: 2205 leg pain
Thanks Doc. Ans to your q's. I am 43. Adhesions on right. Pain feels as if i have a long shooting pain right through from front and ends at back about the kidney area. I have a huge varicose vein on the right leg, I recently had thrombo phlibitis in that leg. Only part of leg used to ache, now often the whole leg aches. Had baby 15 months ago, had hyst 10 months ago. If my bladder or bowels are full that hip area aches like hell. I would really appreciate your opinion as if have been told so many things I dont know what to think and my pain is getting worse.
Cyberdoc

Dear Crazy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It sounds like if there are abdominal adhesions on the right of the abdomen. This is quite a common after effect of abdominal surgery and should be treated by physically loosening the abdominal adhesions with an laparotomy. You can take anti-spasmodics, i.e. Bascopan CO, in order to eleviate the pain temporarily. I therefore, suggest that you consult a Surgeon about a possible operation, in order to loosen the adhesions and to remove the varicose vein.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger