Question

RE: DARK CIRCLES/SHADOWS UNDER EYES
My daughter is 6 years old. She has developed these dark circles under her eyes - I cannot explian is really - but it is as not as severe as I have seen in other people. She does have big round shaped eyes so they do appear sunken. She gets her 8 - to 10 hour sleep a night and is energetic. She is petite - small built - is not underweight - but also has a very small appetite.
Should I get some tests done - if so - what test would they have to be ie urine or blood? or any other tests?
Her diet is fairly well balanced and seems to be coping with grade 1 as the teacher tells me via communication in the note book.
I did lose my husband in 1999 which was her father and to which she was close to - but she can talk about him anytime without crying or getting upset and knows he is in heaven by Jesus. We have contact wth his family as well as my family - in which there are a lot of children and adults around her so she never feels quite left out.
Could the dark circles be natural, lack of sleep or tiredness, undernourished, lack of iron or a vitamin, or depression?

Dear Sam
Firstly those dark circles under the eyes could well be genetic. Try and find out of other members of your family or the family of your late husband had such dark circles. Otherwise have the child checked by your gp for anaemia or iron deficiency. If she is as energetic as you say, I would, however, not think that there is anything wrong with her. If you suspect that she is depressed then take her to a child psychologist who will help her and you deal with the loss of her father.