Question

Re: Herbalife
Dear Doc

Could u pls advice me on this herbalife products as Im using these products to lose weight My weight is 76kg and my height is 155m so to my knowledge my BMI is 32 which is obese. Ive been on the protein shakes now for 2weeks and I dont see any difference on the scale but I do notice the difference when I measure myself in the morning, I do have one healthy meal at evening at about 8pm

I take about 4 protein shakes for the day and I drink 2lt of water and snack on fruits and crackers (fat free). Will I see a difference on the scale or should' nt that worry me. Am I doing fine. Pls reply soonest.

thank you

Dear Fowzia
I agree that your present BMI = 31,7 which is in the obese range. Are you sure that you are not taking too many of these shakes? Are you not supposed to take 1 shake in place of one meal? If this is the case then the shake (and added skim milk if this is required) should not provide more energy than 2100 kJ (i.e. the energy content for one main meal if you are trying to lose weight). If a serving of the shake provides more than this amount of energy and you are having 4 instead of 2 shakes per day then this could account for the fact that you have not lost kgs. Also make sure that you do not eat too much fruit and crackers, because all foods can potentially cause weight gain even if they are healthy and low in fat. The fact that your measurements are shrinking is a good sign, so check your total energy intake for the day (it should not be more than 6300 kJ per day) and if possible start doing some light exercise like going for a walk every day.