Question

RE: Mary Jane - previous msg
doc,
yes - you are right doob is marijuana / cannabis...
I am 21 years old abd have been smoking doob on and off for about 4 years... i'm not sure that i want to stop but i would like to know what the long term harmful effects to my body and mind are. I gym 5-6 times a week and am reasonably healthy. I smoke almost every night and frankly it just helps me relax after a hectic day and i sleep soundly at night. There must be something bad it's doing to me? I never mix it with any type of hard drug and it's purely for relaxing purposes and it makes me feel good - nothing else...
Can you please advise me on the dangers and any info i should know.
Thank You!

Ana, this is from something I wrote on marijuana a while ago:
“The following has been proven about marijuana.
• It frequently aggravates existing mental illness.
• It has been positively linked to lung damage (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, not cancer).
• It depresses testosterone and sperm production.
• Babies borne to smokers are of lower weight.
• You can’t drive after taking a hit or two.
• It can lead to experimenting with other drugs (probably one of the most dangerous effects).
• People have lost their jobs because they tested positive for marijuana. The urine stays positive 4-6 days after a single joint but it may stay positive for 20-50 days in chronic users.”
Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.