Question

Re: Message 6953
Hello

Disecting or spreading
(Between my scull & scalp is a layer of puss which spreads and at certain points push through my skin/scalp & creates sores)

I have been diagnosed as having dissecting foliculosis and have been prescribed 60mg roacutane per day for 5 months.
I have been on the medication for the full 5 months now and I have not had a single improvement to my scalp. I have most symptoms, but no clearing up of sores on my sculp. What do I do? A month ago i've seen my dermatologist & he said I should wait until the course of treatment is complete, but my condition has only worstened. I’ve spent many embarrassing moments as I cannot go out because everyone stares at my head, not to mention the costs of the tablets. It cost me R200 for a visit to the dermatologist & all he said was come see me next month. I'm scared to go back tohim cause he'll just recommend me use the medication for the next 5 months. What then if no progress takes place? I need advice...

Mac-d, it sounds like what I know as folliculitis. Did you take a course of antibiotics and are you using a scalp lotion? Let me know and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.