Question

RE MY POST 23 NOV 05
I WOULD LIKE A GYNAE TO REPLY TO THIS POST IF POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU

COPY OF MY POST OF 23 NOV 05 :

HI THERE, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON (( EXPERTS )) .

I FOUND OUT ON THE 28/10/2005 VIA A HOME TEST THAT I WAS PREGNANT. I WENT TO MY DOC FOR A SCAN AND SHE CONFIRMED THAT I WAS BETWEEN 5 - 7 WEEKS PREGNANT. SHE SAW THE SACK AS WELL. I HAD TO COME BACK IN 3 WEEKS TIME ( SAT. 19/11/05 ) .. SHE DID ANOTHER SCAN BUT COULDN'T SEE A SACK OR EMBRIO OR PICK UP A HEART BEAT. SHE ASKED ME TO COME FOR A 3-D SCAN ON 22.11.05 ( YESTERDAY ). SHE DID THE SCAN AND FOUND NO SACK, NO EMBRIO AND NO HEART BEAT.

APPARANTLY THE EMBRIO ONLY DEVELOPED UP UNTIL 5 WEEKS AND NO MORE. IT DISINTEGRATED AND DOC SAID THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE FELT ANY DISCOMFORT, PAIN OR BLEEDING ( OR HAVE A DISCHARGE ) BECAUSE OF THAT.

MY DOC SAID THE SAME HAPPENED TO HER TWICE BEFORE SHE HAD HER 2 (HEALTHY) DAUGHTERS NOT SO LONG AGO.

MY DOC WANTS ME TO LET NATURE TAKE IT'S OWN COURSE AND WAIT ANOTHER WEEK. IF I HAVEN'T STARTED BLEEDING BY NEXT WEDNESDAY, I HAVE TO HAVE A D&C. I DON'T HAVE ANY PAINS OR DISCOMFORT AT THE MOMENT AND I STILL FEEL PREGNANT ( WHICH THE DOC EXPLAINED IS ALSO NORMAL ) I WOULD'VE BEEN ABOUT 9-10 WEEKS PREGNANT BY NOW.

I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO SIT AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER WEEK TO GO BY, I WOULD PREFER TO HAVE A D&C AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO GET THIS OVER AND DONE WITH AND STRART TRYING FOR ANOTHER BABY. I AM 36 YEARS OLD AND DON'T HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD. I HAVE ONE CHILD OF 10 YEARS OLD.

WHAT AM I TO DO .. SHOULD I JUST WAIT THIS OUT OR SHOULD I INSIST ON A D&C. WHAT IS THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF A D&C ? ACCORING TO MY KNOWLEDGE HAVING A D&C ONLY INCREASES YOUR CHANSES OF GETTING PREGNANT AGAIN ( SOON ) ..

I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF I WILL START BLEEDING NORMALLY, ALMOST LIKE HAVING A PERIOD OR WILL IT BE A HEAVY FLOW ? I FORGOT TO ASK MY DOC.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

REGARS
LEE 23.11.05

It is quite reasonable for you to ask for a D&C now. Discuss your feelings with your doctor.
If you did miscarry on your own, the bleeding would generally be heavier than a period.