Ask an expert

23 Aug 2007

Dear Doc i would like to know whether you can assist me with the following issue. I am a varsity student and when asked a question i find it extremely difficult to answer. The same happens for eg when i would want to consult a lecturer which i almost never do as i am aware of myself i you understand what i mean.

To sum up i get disoriented and unable to speak.

Answer 249 views

01 Jan 0001

Sounds like shyness / socuial anxiety disorder, which, though uncomfortable, is fortunately a conditioon that responds very well indeed to treatment. Check out what's available through student counseling,, as CBT _ Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) style counselling is excellent here.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.