Ask an expert

06 Aug 2010

Re ost 151: Divorce: Filing of court docs
Have checked the court file. Plaintiff has attorney while I am representing myself. Reply to my claim was sent to me but not filed at court. Case is on Tuesday. I am the defendant and I haave set the mater down for hearing as the plaintiff did not file his plea and was barred.
Plaintiff submitted 5 days after bar expired his plea to me but this was never filed in court.
Does this mean that my claim stands.
Answer 388 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

Your claim stands and the Defendant will have to apply for condonation through his attorney in court before the court will accept the late filing of the plea.

For further information contact:
Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
KWJ Inc.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18605 votes