Question

Re: Painful Big Toe
Thanks for replying to my question on 10/1/03. I started taking Citro soda and went for a blood test. The test was normal. What does this mean? I have been suffering the pain for 9 days now. It has improved but not gone. I have also had pins & needles and numbness sensations in this foot. I really don't want to go back to the Doctor because I feel silly.

Gina, it might still be gout, but it might also be another form of arthritis or even just inflammation of the tissues in the toe. Whatever it is, it should clear up if you take anti-inflammatories. There is no reason for you to feel silly – if anyone has to feel silly it’s your doctor as he’s the one who can’t figure out how to solve the problem. If you’re really uncomfortable with going back to him, why don’t you get a second opinion from a different doctor? Good luck and I hope it has cleared up by the time you get this reply.