Question

re palpitations
Hi, I'm new here. I'm female, 22, and have just got medical aid so I thought I'd go for a checkup and everything is fine- blood tests, heart sounds, blood pressure etc. The doctor said all is okay but I should go on low-dose thyroid for 6 months then be checked again next year. Anyway, I told him I do get palpitations just now and then (this is why I am asking because I saw that previous posting about them) but he said he couldn't find anything wrong even after I ran on the spot a bit and he thinks it's either female hormones or emotions. Now he's put me on this thyroid- that was three weeks ago- and I don't feel anything. I definitely haven't had any palpitations in the past three weeks. So what I want to know is, do I need to worry if I have my usual occasional palpitations seeing I am on thyroid? I didn't know there was any worry about thyroid medication- my doctor didn't tell me to watch out for anything- just to come back in 6 months.

Dear New here
Young people sometimes get a thing called paroxysmal ventricular tachicardia - and except for the big medical words it is not dangerous at all - just uncomfortable. If you have shortness of breath, swelling of the hands and feet or eyes, coughing and severe tiredness with the palpitations I think it may be needed to take a 24 hour ECG but it sounds like the thyroid supplement is actually helping you.