Question

Re Series of misdiagnoses at Medicross
It was from different docs. My husband had painful feet upon waking for a week and was sent for VERY extensive and expensive tests for possible rheumatoid arthritis  one son treated for tonsillitis, but it was herpetic stomatitis  husband had extremely painful wrist - sent for physio - he ended up having shingles (diagnosed by different doctor at another practice)  at least three (the past 6 months) cases of ear or throat infection in kids incorrectly diagnosed and treated with antibiotics. This is just an example of a few cases the past year. There are more. Every case is treated with antibiotics! youngest son (about 12 months old had a red painful toe - cellulitis - treated with antibiotics, but correctly so - only correctly treated case the past year!).
Cyberdoc

Hallo Anon
I think you should write a complaint to the headoffice and mention the branch/es involved. It is not always easy to spot diagnose certain diseases ( e.g. shingles may start with pain and the rash may only appear 24-48 hours later), and some diseases may also develop e.g. start off with a throat infection and then develop into a more complicated infection later on like the herpes stomatitis - not that it is an excuse to over prescribe antibiotics all the time!
Medicross shared call number 0860 638 2273 or email: customer.service@netcare.co.za