Ask an expert

23 Jan 2008

RE: Smelly Punana
Thanks for responding. We have not been using any type of protection. So what type of infection could it be? Because I have the gynae's and they cannot tell me tghe type of infection. Thelast time I went to a gynae she prescribed some type of injection,it is very stingy and extremely sore. She mentioned that if the infection doesn't go away after that then I have to have the HPV TEST done. I have booked for a PAP SMEAR& HIV/AIDS TEST's. Do you think that the Pap Smear will help me find out the type of infection I have?.....
Answer 375 views

01 Jan 0001

A swab would be the best way to find out what infection it is.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18761 votes