Question

22 Apr 2006

Re: Susan McKinley true or fake?
Hi, I jut read the story of Susan McKinley in a forwarded email and attached was a picture of it as well, I must say that this has extremely disturbed me and being very squimish about such things, it even made my physically sick. I cannot stop thinking about it and I would like to know whether this story is true or fake? It would give me peace of mind either way.
Thank you,
Aidan.
EnviroHealth expert
envirohealth expert

I'm happy to tell you that the story is fake. However: what is true is that there are maggots that do sometimes infest live human flesh - but this is rare, only occurs in certain parts of the world, and can easily be prevented. For lots more info, please read my article 'Eaten alive by maggots!' under Animals in the EnviroHealth section.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this gruesomely fascinating topic.