Question

RE: Urological procedure
Hi Dr Bets

Thank you for your reply of yesterday, I truly appreciate it.

I just wanted to clarify something. Can an RPG (retrograde pyelogram) also be performed for the bladder and urethra only, or is it only done on the ureters and kidneys?

I was just wondering as all my theatre items are listed under the " bladder column/category."  I see that there is also an RPG listed under Kidney Stone on the list.

Basically I am interested in knowing whether the doctor will only be examining my bladder and urethra, or further than that.

Thank you.
Cyberdoc

Hallo M
Pyelogram means more than just the bladder and urethra ("pyelo" indicates the kidney), it depends on what the doctor wants to have a look at