Question

Re: Urticaria & Blood results
Ok i checked the liver readings again, and this is what it said:

GAMMA GT 29,00 u/L - good or bad?

Re: the allergies...so you say this can happen up to 72hrs later? Wow...so even if i keep a food diary, it could be something i ate hours ago...even days?

If my Fexo wears off....i usually have a reaction after 20hrs of Fexo ebing in my system...so i always overlap the dosage.

I dont even know where to start with the allergies....what it could be.... We've done the usual...peanuts, seafood, eggs, etc.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Sandy
No Gamma GT of 29 is not too bad - we start worrying when it goes into the hundreds! 10-70 U per liter is still within normal limits

Have you seen a dietician specializing in food allergies yet? They can do an Elimination and re-challenging diet (also called elimination and provocation diet). This technique involves eliminating suspected foods from the diet one at a time until the symptoms disappear. Then individual foods are reintroduced one at a time to see if an allergic reaction develops.

Foods frequently responsible for food allergies include:
Shellfish (such as shrimp, crab, and lobster)
Tree nuts (namely, walnuts, almonds, and pecans)
Peanuts (which are legumes, not true nuts)
Fruits (particularly strawberries, but also melons, pineapple, and other tropical fruits)
Tomatoes
Fish
Food additives (such as dyes, thickeners, and preservatives; monosodium glutamate [MSG] is a common food allergy in this category)
Foods that may cause intolerance include:
Wheat and other gluten-containing grains
Cows milk and other dairy products
Corn products

see also http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/food_allergy.html