Question

RE: Wierd Pains
Thank you for your quick response.

Yes i used to smoke one a day but stopped on Friday 2007-07-20.

I am 19 years old. . .

I have a irritating cough that I had for quite some time. . .

I wouldnt say I have short breath but if I run a short distnce it feels as though I ran forever
Cyberdoc

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You sound like a young, healthy individual. The pain that you are experiencing are A-typical and I am not sure what the cause is. I suggest that you have a chest x-ray done to exclude any underlying pathology. Your pains can merely be costo-condritis, which is a benign inflammation of the ribs and cartlidge of the chest wall.

You should consult a GP, regarding your chronic cough, to exclude sinusitis with a chronic post-nasal drip.

Please let me know about the outcome.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger