Question

reaction to mosquito bites

I have terrible reactions to mosquito bites and am wondering why and what I can do about it. When I get bitten, I swell up in a large area around the bite, it gets very hot and the muscles nearby are tender and sore. I don't scratch at all and although itchy, its more sore and very hot. Is there anything I can do and what causes this?

Sandy

Sandy, it sounds like your body over reacts to the mosquito bites. The best would be to apply an antihistamine cream as soon as they bite you and to also take an antihistamine tablet (Phenergan® cream and tablets). In severe cases you might need to add cortisone to the mix (Celestamine® tablets instead of Phenergan® tablets). Good luck.