Question

Reactive hypoglycemia
Which diet would you follow if you have reactive hypoglycemia?

I am currently following a low GI diet but I it seems that the hypoglycemia kicks in after 3 hours.

Dear Laura
If you suffer from reactive hypoglycaemia, then I trust that the low-GI diet you are using, has been prescribed for you by a registered dietitian? I this is NOT the case, please visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will have to assist you to plan your low-GI food intake so that it is spread over the entire day (6 or more small meals instead of 3 larger ones) and that the foods you are using are really low-GI.
It is essential that you get some help with the application of the diet and its distribution over the day to prevent episodes of your hypoglycaemia.