Question

Ready for divorce
I am at the verge of filling for divorce. My husband has abused me emotionally and physically. We stay same house. Now I feel to scared, on Thursday i will be filling at my lawyer, but I have this huge fear that what will the reaction be on his face. I have a fear that what if he loses temper and loses his mind and do some nasty things, like kill us (myself, him and the child) He is very possessive. He always threatened me with death. How do I handle this situation, currently I have no where to stay, but I am employed. I am just too scared to stay with him, after the handing over divorce papers.

The state of his face is truly irrelevant ; the important thing is to be sure your own face is in no danger if he might become physsically abusive. Discuss the risks you fear with your lawyer and perhaps with a group like POWA which is supposed to help abused women to be safe. If he has threatened you with death, discuss this also with your lawyer asd it is a crime to do so, and if there is evidence of this, he could be arrested and jailed for making such threats. Do you have family and friends with whom you could stay for a while after he finds out about your application ? I don't think you have to be present to serve the papers, - can't the lawyer arrange for this to be done ? Or to be present, so he can witness any threats and take appropriate action ? The lawyer can seek a court order giving you the right to remain in the house, and forbidding your husband from threatening or harming you in any way. Then if he even approaches you, he can be thrown in jail. He needs to know that he must pray that no harm comes to you in any way, even accidentally, as he will be the priome suspect the police seek if any such thing happens.