Question

Recognition at work

My heart is sore and i dont really want to cry but tears keeps on rolling down my cheeks.
Today the list of people who are nominated for good to great perfomance was published.
I wasn''t nominated. This is upsetting because for the whole of that year, i was doing 3 poeples
job. I did it well. Put on hundreds of overtime hours at the expense of my family. Got great
feedback from clients but all that counts for nothing. I put more that 200%. So, if this is the case
what will motivate me to work hard the next year? I am really upset and i''m even thinking of
leaving this un-appreciative bunch. Is this normal?
Can i improve this situation in any way? what does one do in a case like this?

Nominated by who ? Some businesses allow a process which values creeps and crawlers, without even being able to identify hard workers who achieve real value for the company.
Can you speak to your boss or supervisor, not sounding like you're whining or even complaining, but asking for an explanation to help you understand, and how to perform even better to their satisfaction next year ? Explain that you were working 3 jobs, did a whole lot of overtime, and got good feedback from clients - yet your work seemed to get overlooked. Ask what you did wrong, what you could do better, what maybe you could do less of.
And meanwhile, why not start looking around for a better job with a more appreciative company ? In my experience, some groups only really appreciate how great you were, after you leave.