Question

Recommended off time
If you're on a supplement like say oxo-test (testosterone booster), and it recommends that you use for 6 - 8 weeks, then have a 4 week break. What would happen if you didn't take the break, espeacially if you havnt been doing body building workouts, (no muscles need repairing), but have instead been cardio performance inhancing. Explosive training?
Sports Nutrition
Sports nutrition

Hi Ox

I wonder why you are taking the product is you do not intend growing bigger muscles – cardio training is known to deplete muscle tissue if performed at great lengths which is usually avoided by body builder or people who want to grow muscle?

The reason for recommending breaks is because the body gets used to the substance. When you take a break and re-introduce the substance the body’s sensitivity to it is heightened again and therefore you experienced better results. Thus from continued use less profound results will be experienced and you will put the kidneys under strain in metabolizing the substance- steroids are made from cholesterol (fatty by nature) which lock (stores) more easily in the body than what water soluble substances will. The same way toxins lock into fatty tissue in the body and which can be regularly released into the blood and cause a continued irritation to the body, which can present as symptoms.

Also note if you want to train explosively you need to do speed work and not endurance work and therefore I would recommend rather taking creatine to give you that explosive energy.

Take care
Vanessa