Ask an expert

17 Mar 2003

Reconstructive surgery

Can any Gynae perform reconstructive surgery to female genitalia?

Answer 341 views

01 Jan 0001

It depends what you mean by reconstructive surgery. If you were born with a serious abnormality of the genitalia or if you had trauma following childbirth, for example, then it may require specialised surgery but, if you mean cosmetic surgery, most gynaecologists can do this. Do read my answers to the previous questions on this subject though.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.