Question

rectal bleeding and mid section pain
My husband has been having on and off rectal bleeding for around 6 years, still refusing to go to a doctor. Lately been complaining that he feels a tightening band of pain around his mid section, and visits the loo quite a lot, especially shortly after eating and sometimes in the middle of the night. He has lost weight from 96kg down to 78kg, but tells me he is watching what he eats, I eat the same and have not lost weight at all. Can it be cancer? I am really worried, but he flatly refuses to see a doctor, guess it is because he is also scared of what it might be?

Janett

Unfortunately, he will have to overcome his fear and consult a gastroenterologist, as all forms of rectal bleeding should be investigated. It is really important for him to consult the specialist as soon as possible. In the interim, he can use Gaviscon 15 ml, three times daily before meals.