Ask an expert

09 Nov 2006

Rectal itching and burning
I have suffered with this for almost nine years, but over the last two years it has worsened. I itch everyday and it is worse after a stool. ( I have no tummy cramps or bloating). I have been to doctors and dermatologists - but no help from either. I have tried different diets and I have been examined for piles.
My friend says that a proctologist would be best to consult about this, but no hospital lists them. Can you help? What kind of specialist should I consult?
Answer 337 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Pinky
In South Africa the gastro-enterologists do the proctology work.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.