Question

Rectal itching and burning
I have suffered with this for almost nine years, but over the last two years it has worsened. I itch everyday and it is worse after a stool. ( I have no tummy cramps or bloating). I have been to doctors and dermatologists - but no help from either. I have tried different diets and I have been examined for piles.
My friend says that a proctologist would be best to consult about this, but no hospital lists them. Can you help? What kind of specialist should I consult?

Dear Pinky
In South Africa the gastro-enterologists do the proctology work.