Question

Reduced Lung Capacity
Hi, I was diagnosed by a Pulmonologist with 60% lung capacity and told it must be genetic - then basically told good luck and not much more he can do. I really battle to breath when running and some days are worse than others. I am 37 years and am frustrated. Is there anything else I can do to help me breathe?

Many Thanks

Emma

I suggest that you get a second opinion from a pulmonologist. What is the reason for your poor lung function? Are your lungs underdeveloped? If it is due to a structural defect, I sincerely doubt if bronchodilators will make a difference. I do not think that you are a candidate for a lung transplant. Please discuss your condition in detail when you get your second opinion.