Question

reflux?
My daughter is seven years old, she was diagnosed with asthma and are using several meds. She has coughing spelss, about every 4 weeks and it last 4 nearly 6 weeks, worst at night. The doctors ran several test- allergy (neg) mycoplasma(-) whooping cough(-) but recently I walked into the room while she was sleeping and heard her grinding her teeth. And immediatly after that she started coughing. Went to the Gp with this info, sent her 4 axrays to see if she has a reflux that can cause the coughing. According to the xray~s she has a reflux, were sent to a surgeon who did a gastroscope but could not find anything wrong!! In the meantime the Gp prescribed a drug (maxolon) at night, for only a month, and would u believe me if I said that my little girl is not coughing at the moment? Is there someting else I could use with out a prescription or something natural? Because I believe that the reflux is causing the problem, but not according the surgeon, although the xray`s show there are a reflux. Please can u give me info on this (she is slightly overweight, tall 4 her age )

Nicky, the reflux can definitely be the cause of the coughing and even the asthma. If the Maxolon® works it proves that there is reflux no matter what the surgeon says. Maybe the best would be to get a second opinion from a different surgeon or a gastroenterologist. Another drug you can use is Prepulsid®, but the specialist will advise you on it.