Question

Reflux causing nausea and fear of eating

I have now gone to the other extreme! Everything I eat gives me reflux (I started on 40mg/day nexium last night). The reflux makes me so nauseous sometimes I vomit. I eat my normal breakfast, feel a bit of reflux and then it passes. Then at about 9h30 I eat my snack (healthy : kefir and muesli, now I think the muesli is causing the reflux) and then I end up with reflux and feeling sick until about 1pm then I eat a small lunch. Usually tinned tuna and lettuce but today that gave me reflux too. I am now scared of eating because I am scared it will give me reflux and make me nauseous and/or vomit.
I know I am not getting sufficient nutrients but now my eating habits seem on the other extreme.
I am now trying two provita and marmite (taking tiny bites) in an attempt to get something in my stomach until dinner. I dont even want to think about dinner because I dont know what to have..
Eating Disorders Expert
Eating Disorders Expert

I suggest that you consult with the Dietdoc on this one. However, you might need to consider medication or therapy to address the anxiety that you have developed. With the information that you have provided me, I cannot advise much more.
Regards,
Graham