Question

regarding the lungs
Hi Doc, I REALLY hope you will be able to answer these questions. I have an x-ray report from the chest. The comment at the bottom says: "A possible coin lesion in the left lung peripherally. It may be helpful to screen this lesion to exclude a neoplastic process in the lung." Now, my question is: what do they mean by "peripherally"? My second question: what do they mean by "a neoplastic
process" in the lung? Third question: is this cancer and if it is, could this not be detected by blood results? If this is not screened, what happens? Hope you can answer all these questions and I am VERY anxcious to hear all your answers. Thank you, Maddy

Maddy, peripheral mean on the outer aspects of the lung. Neoplastic is another word for tumour. A blood test will not be able to detect a tumour of the lung. If it is a cancer and it’s not removed now, it might spread and then it’s too late. The best would be to have the tests done a.s.a.p. Good luck.