Question

Regular discharge for years

I've had a yelloish discharge for as long as I can remember since puberty started. I'm 21 and it started at 11. I've always had to constantly wear panty liners, but it's really frustrating and feels abnormal, compared to my other friends. I've asked my gp a long time ago what it could be, but he said it was normal. It sure doesn't feel like it. It doesn't smell or ich though, just uncomfortable. Sometimes its more clear than yellow and sometimes it ranges between yellow and light brown. Can you please give me some advice as to what it is and what I can do to stop it? I don't really want to go see a gynaecologist if it's not serious. I don't like going it at all.

Thank you for your time

Rain

If it has been going on for so long, it is more than likely normal. All women have some discharge and this varies at different stages of the cycle. It is most around the time of ovulation. A normal discharge should be clear, but if it dries on the panty, it becomes slightly yellow in appearance. If you really want your mind put at rest, ask your doctor to send off a swab of the discharge. If there is any infection, it will show up on this.