Ask an expert

28 Feb 2009

reinstatement or scholarship?
I was unfairly terminated by the company March last year I reported the company to CCMA on 27 November 2008. I attended the arbitration.On 15 December 2008, the award was out. Ordering the company to reinstate me and pay my compensation by the 15 January 2009. I then communicated with the company checking if they have received the arbitration award.They told me they are still going to discuss the award and they will let me know about the way forward. I have been waiting. For them to dicide the way forward since january until now.Is the award from commissioner the final one or why is thi delay from the company? (The compensation. Calculation did not include the annual increase for 2008 and 2009.
Because I was unemployed I decided to furthering my studies 2009. I then applied for a scholarship from private company which I got it. But my question is that Can I go ahead with the scholarship from another company while permanently employed by the current company. Please help what are my option? Do I leave the scholarship and wait for the company to reinstate mewhenever they decide. I' actually tired of waiting.I really need this scholarship to furher my studies as it is a once off scholarship I need this opportunity to grow as there is no much space to grow for me in the company. But I also need this job to continue supporting my family.please help me to decide or wwhat are my options here I it possible to receive a scholarship from another company while you are permanently employed buy a current company
Answer 334 views
Labour lawyer
labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001


You need to report for duty immediately and if they tell you to go then you need to go to the CCMA and have your award made in order of the Labour Court. If you have problems with this you can either contact us or any attorney to help you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.