Question

Relationship shock
my boyfriend and i have been together for 18 months. We met and fell in love within weeks. the problem is we were both in dead marraiges where we had stayed for the children even though we both lived separate lives from our spouses. we have almost been through hell to get to be together and now he has said he wants to be alone as he is emotionally drained from the strain of his divorce and trying to keep me happy and the effect it has had on both our children. He has had almost 5 years of misery with his Ex-wife. He moved into the house he recieved as part of the divorce after we had been living together for months. a week later he tells me I can''t move into the house with him and gives me the emotional emptiness as a reason. He says he needs time and space to recover before he can be in a serious committed relationship with anyone as he has no more to give. he says he loves me and its not for another woman or to go back to his ex-wife. do I believe him or am I beeing played for a fool? He says when he is strong enough again he would want us to try again. Do i wait or not????

Haven't I already responded, earlier today, to almost this exact question ? Rwebound relationships are highly risky, and it is reasonable for both of you to emotionally cool off and spend some time sorting yoruselves out and just living calmly, before plunging into another relationship so soon. You cannot assess the quality, strength or durability of a new relationship while you are still recovering from the last one. Seeing a counsellor can help you to recover better